VW Bus for Sale, 1959 Volkswagen Double CabPrice: SOLD
Year of construction 1959. VW Seamed Gate Double Cab, It is a very rare Double Cab / DC since it is a first production year. This DC is a head turner and a multi-award winner. It has taken Sponsor’s Choice at the Lindon Days Car Show among over 100 entries VW, european and American Muscle, First Place in the Commercial Bus class at the 2012 Last Call VW Show and Sponsor's Choice again at another all makes show.
Condition: 2 Very Good
(the highest professional standards or a perfect original car in every area, appearing and driving as new)
|Engine||1904cc Dual Carbs|
Body: It is about 80% original metal. It has had the sides above the rear wheels replaced using Gerson metal. It is painted the original Dove Blue and the wheels, bumpers and symbol are painted Silver White. All rust repair and paint was done by Big Mike and his crew over at Washington County Customz and Collision. This was finished just in April of this year. I finished the complete assembly of the truck in June. It also has the original apron and decklid. The bed and gates are not perfect but are still great.
Suspension and brakes: The front end is a non-narrowed Busboys adjustable beam.
Rear end has had the reduction boxes removed and has a 1967 beetle axle in it. All the brakes have been redone with new pads and cylinders and soft lines. I also replaced all the bearings about 3 years ago. I just replaced the lower transmission mounts. For tires it has 155/60/15 up front and 165’s on the rear.
Interior: I blasted and painted the seat frames. I purchased the incredible seat covers from Matt Miller of KombieKovers. The interior panels are from Clara. The only roof panel left to install is the large rear panel. I just have not had the time. The door panels have original VW pockets in them.The roof, doors and smuggling compartment have Second Skin Damplifier Pro lining to reduce road noise and rattle.
- The engine is a freshly built 1904cc stroker engine (has about 30 miles on it still breaking it in).
- New Main Bearings
- New P’s & C’s
- Engle 110 Cam
- Lightened, 8-dowel flywheel
- 76mm Counterweighted crank
- Longer Rods I believe 5.35”
- AS41 case bored to 90.5mm
- Dual 44 Weber Carbs
- Vintage Speed Stainless Steel Lowered Bus Exhaust with J-Tubes.
- This DC has no problems keeping up with traffic at all and has a lot of lower end torque.
- Seamed Gates- Since VW did not have side gates for the DC this early on, they took single cab gates and cut them down. These are original.
- Six fuse wiring harness- original to the DC
- Fog Lamp- From what I understand this was dealer optioned. It has a correct switch on the dash for it and works great!
- Original headlights and taillights- Head lights are original VW stamped glass and the tail lights are original glass.
- The truck is M-Coded Dove Blue with chrome hubcaps and hoops & bows.
- Steering wheel and horn button are original. The steering wheel is cracked. Horn works great.
- Includes original HWE industrial rack (if it isn't sold by itself)
- Includes Hoops and restored bows.
- Front and Rear Safaris.
- Stereo is not included.