VW Bus for Sale, 1954 Barndoor Panel BusPrice: SOLD
1954 Barndoor Panel Bus, Vintage Logos, an Original California Barndoor!
Nearly 4 decades of indoor hibernation, didn't move for the next 38 years until we purchased it in 2011. It has now been extensively revived, serviced, cleaned up, registered, and is now back on the road.
The lists of authenticity on this Bus is
- Having original vintage cursive company logos which can be seen through the top layer of paint.
- Having all of the proper Barndoor sheet metal with no clips, welding, or patches (besides the taillight holes which were previously enlarged).
- A phenomenal original cargo floor, all of the original large logo SEKURIT glass with the exception of the windshields.
- A great running 36hp engine, a very nice original Barndoor transaxle, bubble taillights (nice repros).
You can clearly see that there are original company logos as well as some other writing on the Bus. The body is in a very impressive and dry condition considering that it's never been restored and has now seen 58 years of life.
|Engine||1.5 L 31-38kW B4|
This bus is still with the original Dove Blue paint and the original Barndoor front bench seat is still in the original black upholstery although it's well worn and the seams are splitting in the typical fashion.
The list of service performed is very long and includes:
- 36hp Engine servicing of oil change, valve adjustment, rebuilt carburetor using German kit, rebuilt German fuel pump, tune up, new plug wires, new 009 distributor, new fan belt, and new rubber fuel line.
- Serviced original Barndoor transaxle including draining, fresh gear oil, new transaxle mounts, new axle boots, new axle seals, and a new shift coupler, too.
- Braking system completely serviced with all new metal lines, new rubber lines, new master cylinder, new screw connector pressure switch, rebuilt front wheel cylinders, new rear wheel cylinders, new shoes all around, cleaned original drums, and lubed and adjusted original Barndoor ebrake cables.
- Cleaned original Barndoor Gas Tank that is still in the original grey paint with the reserve valve guide still intact. New cap seal and the original rubber boot still intact, too.
- Lubed original Barndoor front beam and pedal assembly.
- New 6 volt battery.
- Brand new 165 radial tires mounted on powdercoated 15 inch smoothie wheels with brand new chrome hubcaps with painted logos.
Please note that this Bus is located in San Diego, CA and the original black license plates that are registered to it will stay with it if it is sold here in California, otherwise they will not be included in the sale.
Please visit my website at www.holygrailgarage.com to see the extensive album of well over 250 pics of this Barndoor, more interesting Vintage VWs, Classic Cars, Holy Grail Garage Gear, and Parts for sale.